"Pick your own stocks¿and outperform the experts! San Francisco Chronicle investment columnist Harry Domash has crafted a start-to-finish approach to stock selection that draws on winning techniques from the world's best money managers, uses readily available information, and is easy to learn if you're willing to invest the time. Whether you're a growth or value style investor, this book will show you exactly how to identify the best stocks for your portfolio. You'll learn to assess everything that affects a company's stock price¿profitability, underlying financial strength, competitive position, industry, business plans, management competence, upside/downside potential, and more. Like no other book, Fire Your Stock Analyst! cuts to the chase, capturing the essence of today's most successful stock-picking strategies. It's all you need to liberate yourself from the ""experts"" and become a more successful investor.
- Disciplined, step-by-step strategies for every intelligent investor
- No ""get-rich-quick"" formulas; just practical techniques you can really use
- Separate selection strategies for value and growth investors
- Assessing valuation, risk, profitability, management competence, and long-term growth potential
- Using the analysts' recommendations for your benefit¿not theirs
- Crucial issues most investment books ignore¿including when to sell
Consistently picking winning stocks isn't magic¿you can do it. It simply takes knowledge, skills, and discipline. If you've already got the discipline, this book will give you the knowledge and the skills."