Created especially for the Australian customer!
Learn the basics of bookkeeping and start on the path to success!
If you've been putting off sorting through a mountain of receipts and invoices, delay no more& — this straightforward reference will help keep the finances of any business, no matter how large or small, in order. Getting Started in Bookkeeping For Dummies explains the essentials, from understanding GST through to recording everyday transactions and whipping up flawless reports.
- Get started with the basics — understand double-entry bookkeeping and how to handle debits and credits
- Find accounting software — choose the accounting program that's right for you
- Create record-keeping systems — set up procedures to help everyday business run smoothly
- Track your transactions — record sales and payments, and reconcile accounts
- Understand GST — calculate GST correctly and learn how to code transactions
- Balance the books — reconcile bank accounts and make sure your work is spot on
- General financial reports — provide accurate reports to help a business grow and succeed
- Become a great bookkeeper — develop the right attitude for bookkeeping success
Open the book and find:
- Simple ways to build a list of accounts
- How to comprehend debits and credits
- Tips for choosing accounting software
- An explanation of GST and how it affects business transactions
- Strategies for collecting overdue debts
- Easy references for how to allocate tricky transactions
- Advice on registering as a BAS agent