Hard-Boiled Hearts & Deep-Fried Brains
Publication date: April 2012
Digital Book format: ePub (DRM-Free)
You save: $2.00 (25%)
Not exactly New Age, but the New Rage!
Hard-Boiled Hearts and Deep-Fried Brains is a continuation of the New Rage series (this is book 2), with fresh, hot-off-the-burner topics for you to reflect on regarding daily life on our planet. As the title suggests, it's general focus is on the emotional turmoil we are frequently embroiled in that tends to harden our hearts in ways we would probably not desire, along with the intellectual challenges we are constantly subjected to in this 21st century Information Age, that can leave our brains a bit fried due to the pressures to keep ourselves up to date and competitive. And as always with Tyler's books, you will find a generous smattering of all-original stories, from luring fairy tales to enticing fantasies, that will keep you flipping the pages to see what's coming next.
Drawing information from a wide range of disciplines and mixing the thoughtfully solemn with off-the-wall comments and anecdotes—quite characteristic of the New Rage series—this second book will gently mind weave you through countless subjects of interest. The goal is to help you to better your life in general and your relationships with others in particular, so as to be able to lead a more productive, enjoyable, and peaceful existence. As Tyler repeats so many times, "I'm just a common 'ole me, doing the best I can to get along, and improve myself over time." Maybe you find yourself in a similar situation, and if so, why don't you join him in his fruitful quest!
Hard-Boiled Hearts and Deep-Fried Brains takes you on a personalized adventure of issues and topics that everyone must face sooner or later, such as those related to the following five chapter focuses:
1. the errors we commit and our unfortunate transgressions that lead to so much unnecessary suffering
2. the difficulty of moving ahead in a world that doesn't necessarily provide us with equality of opportunities or fair treatment in general
3. the importance of accepting responsibilities and commitments through the formation of covenants and our cooperating with others
4. how essential it is to be in tune holistically with our environment and all its many animate and inanimate beings, and finally,
5. how we might go about creating a new, individualized menu—a new You!—for this frantic lifestyle of the 21st century that we are immersed in.
Don't miss out on this one—it's sure to be an entertaining and valuable reading experience like no other to be found. After all, it's the New Rage, and you thus shouldn't expect any less!
Be on the lookout for more books by Tyler Lee to be published in the future as a part of this innovative and dynamic series. May you experience the eternally calm, vigilant mind, and the vibrant, joyous heart that we all yearn for in our daily lives.