The authority of Harrison's in a handy, full-color paperback devoted exclusively to Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders
Featuring the chapters on Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders that appear in the landmark Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e, this compact clinical companion delivers all the latest knowledge in the field, backed by the scientific rigor and reliability that have defined Harrison's.
You'll find coverage that reflects the expertise of renowned editors and contributors -- presented in a carry-anywhere format that makes it ideal for the classroom, the wards, or the point of care. With its ease of use, indispensable diagnosis-speeding guidelines, and acclaimed state-of-the-art strategies, Harrison's Nephrology and Acid Base Disorders is a must for students and clinicians alike.
Harrison's Nephrology and Acid-Base Disorders delivers:
- Current, complete coverage of all major renal-related presentations and diseases, as well as acid-base and electrolyte disorders
- 63 high-yield self-assessment Q&A for exam and board review drawn from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review, 17e
- A timely focus on the impact of scientific advances, with a look at how genetics and molecular biology are transforming the field
- New diagnostic and treatment strategies based on evidence from recent clinical studies
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management topics in each of the disease-oriented chapters
- Valuable content in print form from the acclaimed Harrison's DVD
- Helpful appendix that highlights laboratory values of clinical importance
Everything you would expect from Harrison's tailored to your specialty
Introduction to the Renal System; Alterations of Renal Function and Electrolytes; Acute and Chronic Renal Failure; Glomerular and Tubular Disorders; Renal Vascular Disease; Urinary Tract Infections and Obstruction; Cancer of the Kidney and Urinary Tract; Appendix: Laboratory Values of Clinical Importance; Review and Self-Assessment
The Harrison’s specialty series is written by the same world-renowned author team who brought you Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e:
Anthony S. Fauci, MD; Eugene Braunwald, MD; Dennis L. Kasper, MD; Stephen L. Hauser, MD; Dan L. Longo, MD; J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD; Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD