Maximize the power of your Mac
Get the most out of your Mac, whether you've got an iMac, MacBook, and Mac mini. How to Do Everything: Mac, Second Edition shows you how to configure and customize your Mac and put all of the built-in tools to work right away, such as iTunes, Mail, Safari, and iLife. Learn all about the cutting-edge new Mac OS X Snow Leopard features, including 64-bit support, Grand Central Dispatch, QuickTime X, and enhanced performance. Hardware, peripherals, networking, and maintenance are also covered in this easy-to-follow guide.
- Manage files, folders, and applications with the improved Finder
- Get online and explore with Safari
- Entertain yourself with QuickTime, iPhoto, iTunes, and iMovie
- Tweak the System Preferences
- Set up a wired or wireless network
- Use iWork for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Stay in touch and on schedule with Mail, Address Book, iCal, and iChat
- Dual-boot between Mac OS X and Windows
- Add external devices via USB and FireWire
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and back up your Mac
Dwight Spivey is the author of several Mac guides, including the first edition of this book. He is a software and support engineer for Konica Minolta, where he specializes in Mac operating systems, applications, and hardware. Dwight teaches classes on Mac usage, writes training and support materials for Konica Minolta, and is a Mac OS X beta tester for Apple.