Understand the cloud and implement a cloud strategy for your business
Cloud computing enables companies to save money by leasing storage space and accessing technology services through the Internet instead of buying and maintaining equipment and support services. Because it has its own unique set of challenges, cloud computing requires careful explanation. This easy-to-follow guide shows IT managers and support staff just what cloud computing is, how to deliver and manage cloud computing services, how to choose a service provider, and how to go about implementation. It also covers security and the pros and cons of using the cloud.
- Cloud computing services represent a growing percentage of IT spending, but they offer a significant savings on infrastructure costs
- This book explains cloud computing, its challenges and benefits, and what both providers and subscribers need to know
- Explains what to look for in a cloud service provider and offers steps for delivering and managing cloud computing services efficiently
- Addresses security issues
- Totally updated to reflect the advances in cloud computing since the first edition as well as the situations and solutions seen in the real world
Hybrid Cloud For Dummies tells you what you need to know to effectively choose, implement, and manage a cloud computing strategy for your business.