This concise introduction to Sphinx shows you how to use this free software to index an enormous number of documents and provide fast results to both simple and complex searches. Written by the creator of Sphinx, this authoritative book is short and to the point.
- Understand the particular way Sphinx conducts searches
- Install and configure Sphinx, and run a few basic tests
- Issue basic queries to Sphinx at the application level
- Learn the syntax of search text and the effects of various search options
- Get strategies for dealing with large data sets, such as multi-index searching
- Apply relevance and ranking guidelines for presenting best results to the user