“To buy when others are despondently selling and to sell when others are avidly buying requires the greatest fortitude and pays the greatest ultimate rewards.”-Sir John Templeton
Called the “greatest stock picker of the century” by Money magazine, legendary fund manager Sir John Templeton is revered as one of the world's premiere value investors, widely known for pioneering global investing and out-performing the stock market over a five-decade span. Investing the Templeton Way provides a never-before-seen glimpse into Sir John's timeless principles and methods.
Beginning with a review of the methods behind Sir John's proven investment selection process, Investing the Templeton Way provides historical examples of his most successful trades and explains how today's investors can apply Sir John's winning approaches to their own portfolios. Detailing his most well-known principle investing at the point of maximum pessimism- this book outlines the techniques Sir John has used throughout his career to identify such points and capitalize on them.
Among the lessons to be learned:
- Discover how to keep a cool head when other investors overreact to bad news
- Become a bargain stock hunter like Sir John-buy the stocks emotional sellers wish to unload and sell them what they are desperate to buy
- Search worldwide to expand your bargain inventory
- Protect your portfolio from yourself through diversification
- Rely on quantitative versus qualitative reasoning when it comes to selecting stocks
- Adopt a virtuous investment strategy that will endure in all market conditions