This handy guide provides an overview of Java Enterprise Edition 6’s main technologies and includes extensive, easy-to-understand code samples that demonstrate the platform’s many improvements. You’ll quickly understand how Java EE 6 simplifies the process of developing and deploying web and enterprise applications.
- Explore what’s new in Java EE 6, including Contexts and Dependency Injection and the Java API for RESTful Web Services
- Discover how Java EE 6 features relate to design patterns in web and enterprise applications
- Get the specifications for making your application Java EE compliant
- Learn about revisions to Enterprise JavaBeans, JavaServer Faces, and other components
- Find out how Java EE 6 profiles change the platform’s “one size fits all” approach
- Get started with Java EE 6 development and deployment, using NetBeans IDE and GlassFish