You must have commitment, unconditional love, and loyalty when taking the leap to canine adoption. When you adopt an animal, you become their sole provider. In Jump-Start Your Canine Care, author V. Nunley provides a guide to help dog lovers move in a more liberal and positive direction in regard to companion animals' treatment and care.
Focusing on a shift from mere pet ownership to companionship and guardianship, Nunley explores the many issues involved in the long-term care and protection of your canine companion. Jump-Start Your Canine Care offers advice in many subject areas to include:
- • deciding whether or not to adopt a dog;
- • choosing between a shelter or a store;
- • selecting the right companion animal;
- • considering doggie daycare or a boarding kennel;
- • picking a groomer;
- • understanding preventive measures;
- • handling holidays, traveling, and neighbors;
- • making contingency plans;
- • hound-proofi ng your home.
Bringing a loyal canine companion into your home is a life-altering move, but it's also one that-with careful preparation, planning, and training-provides many joys and rewards. "Never compromise on companion care"