Lawyering from the Heart features interviews with twenty-two talented law school graduates who stayed true to their dreams of using their education for the benefit of society. They embarked on careers as public interest lawyers. Informative, motivating, and inspiring, their stories show the satisfaction and rewards they found by living their values and following their passion.
Authored by committed public interest lawyer and law professor Deborah Kenn, Lawyering from the Heart features:
- A candid and inspiring look at the quality of life of public interest lawyers
- Illuminating interviews conducted by the author
- A diversity of experiencefrom lawyers who graduated in the past five years to others who have been practicing for more than thirty
- Practical information about career development as a public interest lawyer
- Helpful advice for minimizing debt and making ends meet
- Extensive appendices that list state and law school Loan Repayment Assistance Programs (LRAPs) and Public Interest Law Resource Groups
Are any of your students wondering whether it would be financially feasible or realistic for them to pursue careers as public interest lawyers? Now there's a short but powerful paperback that you can recommend that will provide students with the courage and inspiration to live their values: Lawyering from the Heart, by Deborah Kenn.