This book contains 18 examples that use deferreds to solve progressively challenging real-world programming problems, along with 75 stimulating puzzles (and their solutions) that will help you understand how and when to use deferreds. You’ll learn new tricks in a fun way, and become immersed in the practice of event-based programming.
- Understand the logic behind creating deferreds and returning promises
- Get a structured explanation of jQuery’s deferred API
- Delve into the dynamics of using deferreds
- Explore a broad collection of useful deferred recipes developed by the authors
- Gain hands-on experience by solving challenges that accompany each recipe
- Go deeper into deferreds: encounter novel abstractions and mind-bending use cases