Tommy spent his early life in an old house on the Pigeon Roost Road. His first pet was a bird dog named Rex. They were inseparable until Rex matured a year later. Rex was born to hunt birds. Tommy had to give up his companion when the hunter saw Rex point to a covey of birds. Rex was sold to him for $75.00.
Rex was replaced by a pair of Beagle Hounds. When nine puppies were born and matured they chased Tommy. The baying sounds were so loud and disturbed the entire family.
Tommy was instructed not to pick the pretty tulips that bloomed in the yard. "Okay mom," he said and went outside. The next few minutes he came in the house crying because a bee had stung him on the hand. He just wanted to catch the bee. Everybody knows that bee stings are very poisonous to some. Tommy was relieved of all this when vinegar and soda was applied to his hand.
The property was infested with copperheads. These snakes are very poisonous if they bite you. We actually found a copperhead in our bedroom just minutes before Tommy's father left to go to work.