This comprehensive guide with so much good advice will be of much practical value to all who care for lymphedema patients and their difficult problems. --European Journal of Plastic Surgery
In this expanded third edition, with more than a dozen new sections and updates of all existing chapters, Lymphedema Management once again provides a clear and accessible introduction to the circulatory and lymphatic systems, the disturbances that lead to lymphedema and related conditions, and the most effective therapies for treating them. Covering key areas from anatomy, physiology, and pathology, to diagnosis, evaluation, hands-on therapeutic interventions, and practice management, this new edition is a complete and essential handbook for lymphedema management.
Special features of the third edition:
- Addition of editor Steve Norton, one of the pioneers of lymphatic studies in the U.S., and 13 international contributors
- Illustrated, step-by-step coverage of complete decongestive therapy (CDT): a highly effective combination of manual lymph drainage, compression therapies, decongestive exercises, and skin care
- New sections on genetics and imaging, surgical and pharmaceutical options, compression strategies for wounds and limb paralysis, management of the morbidly obese, truncal and genital lymphedema, cancer rehabilitation, and much more
- Expanded coverage of bandaging and taping techniques for the upper and lower extremities, compression garment selection and care, complication management, risk reduction, the role of exercise, and more
- New, larger format with up to 400 photographs, anatomical diagrams, and illustrations
- A wealth of exercises and self-care tips for patients
Ideal for physical therapists, physicians, nurses, other health care professionals, and students who need a full understanding of this complex topic, Lymphedema Management offers the current, evidence-based techniques that are essential for treatment success.