Whether you’re thinking of switching to a Macintosh computer, are looking into the latest Apple products, or have a Mac and want to learn about Mac OS X Leopard, then Macs For Dummies, 10th Edition will get you going. Here you’ll learn all about how to compare the different desktop and laptop models to choose your perfect match, make Mac OS X Leopard work your way, use the new iLife 2008 digital lifestyle applications, get online and connect to a wired or wireless network, and run Windows on your Mac so you can keep the Microsoft programs you need. You’ll also discover how to:
- Navigate your way around the Mac interface and work with icons and folders
- Best utilize OS X, work with the new Photo Booth, and manage clutter with Exposé and Spaces
- Get connected, start a Web-browsing Safari, use e-mail and iChat, and shop online
- Join .Mac and take advantage of iDisk backups, IMAP mail, and Web Gallery
- Explore all that iTunes offers, process digital photos with iPhoto, make iMovies, and have fun with GarageBand
- Use Windows on your Mac and transfer Windows files
It’s a perfect time to join the Mac generation, especially if you’re a Windows user who’s been thinking of defecting. Macs For Dummies, 10th Edition will get you there, helping you pick peripherals, download freebie programs, set up user accounts, implement security secrets, troubleshoot your Mac, and experience the iLife.