Making Innovation Work: How to Manage It, Measure It, and Profit from It, Updated Edition
Publication date: October 2012
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)
Executives have reported that innovation is crucial to their competitiveness—but many reported deep concerns about their firms’ ability to innovate effectively. No wonder: profitable innovation doesn’t just “happen.” It must be managed, measured, executed on…and, even after many years struggling to improve, few companies do this well.
Making Innovation Work, Updated Edition offers a pioneering, proven start-to-finish process for driving sustained growth from innovation. The authors draw on unsurpassed innovation consulting experience, and the most thorough review of innovation research ever performed. Their techniques have been proven at top companies ranging from HP to Toyota. Here, they demonstrate what works, what doesn’t, and how to use all your tools to maximize the value of innovation investments.
• Design winning innovation strategies that align with business strategy
• Balance creativity with value capture
• Structure companies and organizing management systems to promote innovation
• Measure idea stimulation, selection, innovation execution, and delivery
• Craft your best incentives to reward effective innovation
• Neutralize organizational “antibodies” that kill innovation
• Embed innovation throughout corporate culture
• Build vibrant innovation networks that extend far outside the organization
• Get better at innovating, one day at a time