An entertaining, fast-paced, and enjoyable read, Manager Mechanics serves as both mentor and guide for newly minted managers. Blooms uses his more than twenty-five years experience to give first-timers the practical knowledge and political insights needed to perform successfully in their new management role.
Just been made a manager? Great! Now what?
Bloom explains how new and seasoned managers alike will gain techniques and proven approaches for leading their teams, hiring top talent, navigating company politics, avoiding career-limiting mistakes and producing high-quality, well-planned results.
- Have kids? If so, you have all the management experience you need.
- Congratulations, now you get to manage your friends.
- Now that I'm a manager, what's my next step?
- Discover how work is not a democracy; it's a dictatorship!
- Learn about the 7 kinds of troubled employees; Sleazy, Grumpy, Lazy, Brainy, Tardy, Dummy and Troubled.
- How does the hiring process really work?
- Uncover the truth about the Good, the Bad and the Other.
Manager Mechanics is your first step toward cultivating a strong career in management. Improve your communication skills, employee morale, and work environment with this indispensable guide!
"I'm always on the lookout for great new training materials, and this book is right on target. It gives great advice, is well-written and has just enough humor in it to make it fun. Eric Bloom really understands new manager needs."
-Susan J. Goldberg
President and CEO of Northeast Training Group, Inc.
"This book is a must read for anyone in a managerial role. It's easy to read, contains practical examples, and as a result, is easy to remember."
-Jeffrey Burd, Esq.
Director of Placement, Kelly Law Registry
"Street-wise advice on handling the important everyday issues nobody tells you about."
Executive Leadership Consultant