"All Your Unix Questions—Answered!
Mastering Unix is your source for everything you need to know about today's most influential operating system. Inside, two Unix experts provide essential information on a wide range of Unix flavors, concentrating on Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris8. Whether you're just getting started with Unix or want a resource to help you handle system administration's toughest chores, this example-filled book will answer all your questions and promote the skills you need to succeed.
- Using the Unix shell
- Using X-Windows
- Configuring and using remote services
- Connecting to the Internet
- Creating user accounts
- Creating user groups
- Designing and building a network
- Using Unix utilities
- Programming the shell
- Setting up and administering a mail server
- Setting up and administering a news server
- Setting up and administering a Web server
- Implementing effective security practices
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file. "