Experienced martial artist and veteran correction officer, Rory Miller distills what he has learned from jail house brawls, tactical operations, and ambushes to explore the differences between martial arts and the subject that martial arts were designed to deal with: Violence.
• Myths, metaphors, and expectations of martial arts training
• Thinking critically about violence and your sources of information
• Predators, adrenaline, altered states, and crime dynamics
• Adapting your training methods to reality
• Making self-defense work
• The aftermath of violence