Step into the locker rooms and living rooms of NFL players and personnel to see how a close relationship with God guides football's biggest stars.
Compiled from dozens of interviews, Men of Sunday marks the intersection of two Sunday traditions: faith and football. Inspired by the league's "systemic shift" toward embracing Christianity, Bloomberg writer Curtis Eichelberger shows how God is a source of comfort when facing the unique challenges of life in the NFL and the everyday challenges of maintaining strong families and building character. Hear in their own words how the NFL's greatest rely on their faith to overcome drug abuse, family crises, injuries, and temptations resulting from fame and fortune.
Featured personalities include
- New York Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers
- Former Chicago Bears middle linebacker Mike Singletary
- Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis
- Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy
- San Diego Chargers pastor Shawn Mitchell
- Danisha Rolle, wife of former Tennessee and Baltimore defensive back Samari Rolle
- And many more
Men of Sunday's readers-"normal folks . . . who go to church on Sunday, come home to root for their team, and who live a righteous life . . . most days"-will learn to tackle their own obstacles by trusting the Lord.