Teach yourself the fundamentals of ADO.NET 2.0—one step at a time. With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you get the guidance you need to start creating data centric applications for Microsoft Windows and the Web.
Discover how to:
- Work in the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 development environment
- Use the ADO.NET 2.0 classes in either Visual Basic or Visual C#
- Connect to and manipulate different data sources: Microsoft SQL Server, XML, OLE DB
- Create ADO.NET objects at either design time or run time
- Use visual design tools
- Sort, filter, and manipulate data
- Build data-bound Windows Forms and Web Forms
- Work with validation controls
- Read and write XML data and schemas
- Code samples
- Sample databases
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.