Successfully deploy a top-quality Exchange messaging service
Rolling out a major messaging service with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 requires that you not only understand the functionality of this exciting new release, but that you fully grasp all aspects of the larger Exchange server ecosystem as well. This practical book is your best field guide to it all.
Written for administrators and consultants in the trenches, this innovative new guide begins with key concepts of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and then moves through the recommended practices and processes that are necessary to deploy a top-quality Exchange service. Whether you’re upgrading from Exchange Server 2010 or earlier, installing for the first time, or migrating from another system, this book provides the concepts, thought processes and real-world advice you need.
- Understand the fundamentals of Exchange architecture and design
- Do detailed planning—consider all technical, business, and functional requirements
- Weigh the demands of high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) versus cost, and explore how to achieve HA onsite, in the cloud, or in hybrid installations
- Examine the best ways to manager your installation, whether onsite with Exchange Server 2013 or in the cloud with Office 365
- Plan for security, compliance, collaboration, and integration with other systems
- Create a timeline for deployment, including migrations from earlier or other systems
- Extend and customize your messaging system with Exchange Web Services