Teach yourself the fundamentals of SQL Server Analysis Services—one step at a time. With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you get the guidance you need to build flexible and powerful solutions that meet the analytical needs of your organization.
Discover how to:
- Start building cubes using the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Business Intelligence designers
- Create dimensions and measure groups to build, browse, and modify OLAP cubes
- Design objects to handle unique financial analysis requirements
- Improve query performance with aggregations and user hierarchies
- Customize cubes with multi-dimensional expressions (MDX) and other advanced design techniques
- Use actions to integrate Web pages, reporting applications, and drillthrough capabilities with cubes
- Manage role-based security and restrict data access
- Deploy and maintain a database in a production environment
- All practice exercises and answer files
- Fully searchable eBook
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.