Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management and Administration (Adobe Reader)
Publication date: September 2007
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)
This is the eBook version of the printed book.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management and Administration, based on Service Pack 2, addresses the challenges database administrators regularly encounter on SQL Server 2005 by providing detailed guidance in the areas of management, administration, security, and monitoring. With coverage of the new features and functionality of SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2, this book is designed to be comprehensive, resulting in something for all database administrators-from simple tips to tactical solutions. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management and Administration goes far beyond the basic installation and setup information found in many other resources. The book looks at day-to-day administration, best practices, tips, and step-by-step configurations based on real-world examples found in the industry. Unlike others, this book includes not only administration and management details on the Database Engine, but also coverage of other SQL Server 2005 components often overlooked, including Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and more.
Understand how to
- Configure and tune the Database Engine, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Notification Services
- Harden a SQL Server implementation
- Implement SQL Server highavailability alternatives, such as Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Database Mirroring, and Replication
- Monitor a SQL Server 2005 infrastructure with Operations Manager 2007, including how to configure the SQL Server Management Pack and install Operations Manager 2007
- Automate SQL Server routine maintenance
- Encrypt SQL Server data and communications, including setting up a Certificate Authority
- Performance tune and troubleshoot a SQL Server environment
- Create Integration Services packages and transfer data
On the Web:
Download bonus chapters from www.informit.com/title/9780672329562