Teach yourself how to build, manage, and access SQL Server 2008 reports—one step at a time. Whether you’re a report developer, IT administrator, or business user, this sequential, learn-by-doing tutorial shows you how to deliver the business intelligence information your organization needs.
Discover how to:
- Install and configure Reporting Services
- Put Report Builder and Report Designer tools to work
- Create interactive, online reports that enable users to sort and filter data
- Add charts and gauges to present data visually
- Deploy reports to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- Monitor server performance and help secure content
- Use subscriptions to distribute reports via e-mail
- Build ad hoc reports and extend them with custom code
- Practice exercises and code samples
- Fully searchable eBook
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.