Dig in—and discover how to put the reliability, scalability, and security enhancements in Windows Server 2003 to work! This supremely organized reference packs all the details you need to plan and manage a Windows Server 2003 implementation and handle everyday administration. You’ll gain hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds, along with more than 100 tools and scripts on CD. Find the best and fastest ways to perform everyday system administration tasks, and challenge yourself to new levels of Windows Server mastery!
- Plan, prepare, and install Windows Server 2003 interactively or remotely
- Identify clear upgrade and migration paths, including incremental adoptions
- Design, manage, and maintain Active Directory sites, domains, and forests
- Manage storage, file systems, network resources, and print services
- Plan for and implement high availability with clustering and load balancing
- Set up and troubleshoot TCP/IP networking, DHCP, WINS, and DNS
- Configure security settings and manage critical updates and service packs
- Exploit command-line tools and scripts for simple to sophisticated tasks
- Perform backups and restoration and tune performance
- Get “insider secrets” and exclusive tips from the author!
- Complete eBook in PDF format
- Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools—100+ tools and scripts for managing Active Directory operations, group policy, TCP/IP networks, the registry, security features, and more
- Extensive catalog of resources—with links to Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Kit tools, File Replication Services (FRS) tools, Management Pack tools for Microsoft Operations Manager, Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 1.2, and more
- Microsoft Systems Architecture 2.0 documentation—enterprise-class architectural blueprints and implementation guidance
- Insider Extras—including documentation on FRS, Emergency Management Services, certificates, and clustering
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.