Get your mission-critical systems up and running quickly with this essential, single-volume guide to administering Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2. This comprehensive reference details operating system features and capabilities, and provides easy-to-follow procedures, practical workarounds, and key troubleshooting tactics for on-the-job-results.
Discover how to:
- Perform an installation, upgrade, or migration to Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2
- Manage storage and help protect data integrity with shadow copies, quotas, file type screening, and file and folder encryption
- Administer user accounts and permissions, shared resources, and Group Policy
- Manage connectivity for remote access, mobile devices, and wireless systems
- Configure and maintain Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 for e-mail management
- Administer software updates with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Set up and manage intranet sites, firewalls, databases, and Web servers
- Monitor network activity and fine-tune performance
- Implement a backup and recovery plan
- Fully searchable eBook
- Articles, white papers, and additional resources
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.