This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
This book will show administrators how to manage and administer the advanced functions and security features in Windows Vista. The recommendations, tips, tricks, and best practices are based on years of early-adopter implementations of Windows Vista in large corporate and private environments. The authors highlight the functions of Windows Vista that both large and small environments have found to be the most useful, including all-new features such as Complete PC Backup, BitLocker, and the powerful Group Policy options that are only available in Windows Vista.
Understand how to...
- Integrate Windows Vista into an Active Directory domain
- Properly protect information for local and remote users
- Utilize BitLocker to encrypt all the data on a disk
- Properly secure a Windows Vista system
- Enable self-service recovery with Shadow Copy
- Deploy Windows Vista systems without having to touch them
- Deploy powerful new Group Policy settings
- Pick the version of Vista that is right for your users
- Optimize Vista performance
- Securely access corporate information while offline
- Perform image-level backup and restore of Vista workstations