So let’s go—it’s time to have some fun and amaze yourself with all you can do with your PC! This friendly, fast-paced guide highlights dozens of activities and experiences—and shares the straightforward how-to’s for trying everything out right away. So go ahead, dive in and explore the interesting, amusing, and impressive things you can do everyday with Microsoft Windows Media Player 9, Windows Movie Maker 2, Windows XP PowerToys, Plus! Digital Media Edition, and other features and tools for Windows XP!
- Share Your Fabulous Photos
- Easily transfer photos from a digital camera or scanner
- Organize, resize, and print your pictures in a snap
- Create narrated photo stories, slide shows, and online albumsRock the House
- Be the DJ—and mix awesome custom CDs
- Turn your PC into a jukebox, karaoke machine, or party central!
- Take your favorite songs to goGet Ready for Your Close-Up!
- Weave Hollywood magic into your digital video and stills
- Use simple drag-and-drop moves to create and edit your movie
- Screen your production online, on disc, or on your PCCommunicate in Real Time
- Instant message your friends on their PDAs
- Chat with voice or video
- Help protect your PC and your privacy
PLUS! Use the enclosed Do Amazing Things DVD on your PC or TV to bring these experiences to life, learn the easy how-to’s, and get free software, demos, and more!Can you do amazing things? Yes you can!
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.