Teach yourself exactly what you need to know about using Microsoft Windows XP— including the latest service pack and other updates—one step at a time! With STEP BY STEP, you can take just the lessons you want or work from cover to cover—you drive the instruction. And now, with the Deluxe Second Edition of this popular guide, you get even more content, more tools on CD, more cool things to learn and experience!
- Personalize your PC—from screen saver to system settings
- Set up your e-mail and instant messaging
- Install a printer, CD/DVD burner, extra monitor, or camera
- Connect to the Internet or another network
- Create your own movies and slide shows; add special effects
- Troubleshoot and tune your own system
- Use new security features and system updates from Windows XP Service Pack 2—ready to download at http://www.microsoft.com/windows
Your Deluxe Edition CD includes:
- Microsoft Windows Movie Maker 2 software
- Plus! Photo Story 2 LE software * Windows Media Bonus Pack software
- Microsoft Power Toys for Windows XP software
- Microsoft Computer Dictionary, Fifth Edition, eBook—10,000+ entries!
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition, eBook
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook
- Complete STEP BY STEP eBook
- Skill-building practice files
- Links to Windows XP-related downloads and additional information
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.