Fully Updated Second Edition!
Quickly teach yourself how to get up and running—and do more with your PC—with the Windows XP operating system. With STEP BY STEP, you can take just the lessons you need, or work from cover to cover. You drive the instruction. Plus, this popular guide now covers the latest updates to Windows XP and related technologies—and features an eBook and other new resources on the CD!
- Personalize your PC?from screen savers to system settings
- Set up your e-mail, instant messaging, and Internet connections
- Hook up printers, CD/DVD burners, and multiple monitors
- Share digital photos and create your own music playlists
- Tune your system—from defragmenting disks to routine backups
- Use new security features and system updates from Windows XP Service Pack 2—ready to download from Microsoft.com/windows
Your CD includes:
- Microsoft Windows Movie Maker 2 software
- Plus! Photo Story 2 LE software
- Microsoft Computer Dictionary, Fifth Edition, eBook—10,000+ entries!
- Complete STEP BY STEP eBook
- Skill-building practice files
- Links to Windows XP-related downloads and additional information
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.