One of every three Americans is considered to be overweight, and the choices people make about what they eat and their activity level play a role in these staggering statistics. In Mind over Platter, author Donald J. Mannarino presents self-hypnosis as a positive approach to combating weight problems in America.
In this guide, Mannarino, a clinical hypnotherapist for thirty years, suggests that people can condition their mind to make healthier food choices, motivate the mind to eat less, and strengthen the resolve of the mind to become more physically active. The true power center of the brain lies within the subconscious mind, and hypnosis is the most powerful method of reaching this subconscious mind. Mind over Platter provides:
Based on personal experience, Mannarino illustrates how hypnosis can create a positive shift in thought patterns that gives rise to changes in the mind, enabling you to reach your personal goals. His philosophy is "change your thoughts and you can and you will change your destiny."
- An overview of the history of hypnosis
- A practical and easily understood definition of hypnosis
- A discussion of what it feels like to be hypnotized
- A realistic inner view of what hypnosis can help achieve
- Answers to frequently asked questions about hypnosis and weight loss