Mistaken for ADHD
The real tragedy in a child's life would be to cause him or her to fail to grow, mature and develop the normal skills needed for success as an adult.
Unfortunately, if your child is wrongfully mislabeled as ADHD instead of being properly evaluated and treated for one of the disorders that can act just like ADHD, he or she might:
Most doctors who evaluate children for ADHD are probably not adequately trained to do so!
- Need medications every day for years
- Be labeled and subjected to discrimination in school as an "impaired learner"
- Require thousands of dollars for unneeded doctor visits and therapy
- Be unable to keep a job
- Have multiple legal problems
- Grow up to be a socially, emotionally handicapped adult, still living with you at age 30.
Mistaken for ADHD is your guide to help you take charge and be a strong advocate in making sure your child's behavior problem is thoroughly evaluated and treated.
Between the covers of this book you'll discover stories of children misdiagnosed as ADHD and how those ADHD-mimicking disorders or Zebras, as Dr. Frank refers to them, were properly diagnosed and treated.