Netbooks are the hot new thing in PCs -- small, inexpensive laptops designed for web browsing, email, and working with web-based programs. But chances are you don't know how to choose a netbook, let alone use one. Not to worry: with this Missing Manual, you'll learn which netbook is right for you and how to set it up and use it for everything from spreadsheets for work to hobbies like gaming and photo sharing.
Netbooks: The Missing Manual provides easy-to-follow instructions and lots of advice to help you:
- Learn the basics for using a Windows- or Linux-based netbook
- Connect speakers, printers, keyboards, external hard drives, and other hardware
- Get online using a wireless network, a public network, broadband cards, or dial-up
- Write email, browse the Web, transfer bookmarks, and add tools to your web browser
- Use business tools like Google Docs and Office for Netbooks
- Collaborate with others online via instant messaging
- Edit and share photos, play games, listen to music, and watch TV and movies online
You'll also learn about web-based backup and storage, staying secure online -- especially when using wireless networks -- and tips for troubleshooting. Netbooks point to the future of computing, and Netbooks: The Missing Manual will show you how to get there.