Now You Know Big Book of Answers 2: A Collection of Classics with 150 Fascinating New Items
Publication date: September 2008
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
Once again Doug Lennox, the toastmaster of trivia, serves up a mammoth selection of some of his most cherished Q&As culled from his previous books. Also featured in this wide-ranging compendium are 150 brand-new questions answered with Doug's inimitable flair for unearthing intriguing arcana on everything from animals and the arts to superstitions and show business. Customs, conventions, expressions, everyday words, rituals, and traditions -- Doug has dug deep to deliver the goods on a vast array of perplexing subjects.
- Why is a warm autumn called "Indian summer"?
- What is the origin of "nicknames"?
- Why is a decorated parade vehicle called a "float"?
- Why is the rubber around a car wheel called a "tire"?
- Why are sailors known as "tars"?
- Why is a bad dream called a "nightmare"?
- Why are published periodicals called "magazines"?