A detailed review of the techniques used in nuclear cardiology
This well-illustrated guide offers a comprehensive look at the principles and techniques behind myocardial perfusion imaging, including instrumentation and cameras, general considerations, radiopharmaceuticals, and radiation safety and regulatory issues.
Whether you are a physician or technologist, a resident or fellow in training, or are preparing for the Cardiology Board Exam, Nuclear Cardiology: Technical Applications is the most effective way to learn the important technical aspects of performing accurate nuclear cardiology and cardiac CT studies.
- Offers an in-depth overview of technical information regarding stress procedures and imaging agents, as well as the acquisition and processing protocols related to nuclear cardiology and cardiovascular CT
- Covers applications of PET, PET/CT, SPECT, and Gated SPECT
- Reviews camera instrumentation and computer systems involved in nuclear cardiology studies
- Discusses radiation safety and regulatory issues, including state regulations and licensure information
- Numerous images, including a 16-page full-color insert