So you’ve been asked to lead a project—congratulations! Whether you’re new to project management, or just need to brush up, this easy-to-read guide teaches you the essential skills you need to succeed at this critically important task. Expert project manager Bonnie Biafore shares her real-world experience, lessons learned, and best practices to help you manage any project. You’ll learn project management methodology and the secrets for using Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office programs to keep your projects on time, on track, and on target!
Successfully manage your projects as you discover how to:
- Work effectively with project stakeholders, management, and team members
- Define scope, objectives, and deliverables
- Estimate work, choose resources, build project schedules, and track progress
- Accurately estimate project costs and work with a budget
- Identify and manage project changes and risks
- Balance project variables without sacrificing quality
- Document project history and lessons-learned to help improve future projects—and even more great results
- Sample project templates and documents
- Fully searchable eBook
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.