An enlightening guide to optics
Are you in the dark when it comes to understanding the science of optics? Now there's a glimmer in the gloom! Optics Demystified brings this challenging topic into focus.
Written in an easy-to-follow format, this practical guide begins by covering the nature of light, the electromagnetic spectrum, reflection, refraction, and color dispersion. You'll move on to common optical devices and effects, lasers, and optical data transmission technology. Industrial, medical, and military applications are discussed, as are exotic optics such as holography. Detailed examples and concise explanations make it easy to understand the material, and end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce learning.
It's a no-brainer! You'll get:
- Explanations of the particle and wave theories
- Analysis of optical microscopes and telescopes
- Functional details of fiber optics
- A sampling of optical illusions
- A time-saving approach to performing better on an exam or at work
Simple enough for a beginner but challenging enough for an advanced student, Optics Demystified illuminates this vital physics topic.