Pharmaceutical Care Practice: The Patient-Centered Approach to Medication Management, Third Edition: The Patient-Centered Approach to Medication Manag
Publication date: March 2012
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)
Pharmaceutical Care Practice, 3e provides the basic information necessary to establish, support, deliver, and maintain medication management services. This trusted text explains how a practitioner delivers pharmaceutical care services and provides a vision of how these services fit into the evolving healthcare structure.
Whether you are a student or a practicing pharmacist seeking to improve your patient-care skills, Pharmaceutical Care Practice, 3e provides the step-by-step implementation strategies necessary to practice in this patient-centered environment. This practical guide to providing pharmaceutical care helps you to:
- Understand your growing role in drug therapy assessment and delivery
- Learn an effective process for applying your pharmacotherapeutic knowledge to identify and prevent or resolve drug therapy problems
- Establish a strong therapeutic relationship with your patients
- Optimize your patients’ well-being by achieving therapeutic goals
- Improve your follow-up evaluation abilities
- Documents your pharmaceutical care and obtain reimbursement
- Work collaboratively with other patient care providers
The patient-centered approach advocated by the authors, combined with an orderly, logical, rational decision-making process assessing the indication, effectiveness, safety, and convenience of all patient drug therapies will have a measurable positive impact on the outcomes of drug therapy.