"Savvy - n. Practical know-how.
Just about anyone who works with digital images needs to know to how to use Photoshop. But its complexity can be confounding even to experienced users. In Photoshop CS Savvy, artist and teacher Steve Romaniello reveals the secrets behind Photoshop's power—showing you how to combine theory with practical techniques to get results that are inspirational and satisfying. Whether you're a graphic artist, photographer, web designer, desktop publisher, or, if your goal is to become Photoshop savvy, this is the book that will get you there.
Work your way through from cover to cover or zero in on any topic, from setting up a Photoshop workflow to restoring old photos to creating a web photo gallery. In Hands On tutorials, you'll apply your knowledge in complex, real-world projects, mastering the techniques your own work demands. A 32-page full-color section showcases numerous color-related examples. Coverage includes:
- Core Photoshop Skills: selections, type, layers, paths, paint effects, alpha channels, Quick Mask, scanning, transformations.
- Features New in Photoshop CS: Shadow/Highlight correction, photo filters, Match Color, Color Replacement, Liquify enhancements, automations, support for raw camera files.
- Image Retouching: Dodge and Burn tools, cloning and healing, History Brush, Dust and Scratches filter.
- Color Management and Correction: levels and curves, color mapping, hue and saturation, channel mixing, CMYK conversion, printing.
- Photoshop, ImageReady, and the Web: page layout, optimization, image maps, animations, rollovers.
- Advanced Techniques: difficult selections, compositing, automation, duotones and spot color, advanced layering, 16-bit editing, preparing images for digital video.
Note:CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file."