PHP & MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
Publication date: April 2008
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)
If you want to build dynamic Web sites that encourage users to interact with them, PHP and MySQL are among the best tools you’ll find. PHP is a scripting language designed specifically for use on the Web, while MySQL is a database management system that works with it perfectly. Best of all, they’re free. It’s hard to beat that combination!
PHP & MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is kind of one-stop shopping for the information you need to get up and running with these tools and put them to good use. It’s divided into six handy minibooks that cover setting up your environment, PHP programming, using MySQL, security, PHP extensions, and PHP Web applications. They make it easy to create a Web site where visitors can sign on, use shopping carts, complete forms, and do business with your business.
It’s easy to find what you need in this handy guide. You’ll discover how to:
- Find and acquire all the tools you need and set up your development environment
- Build PHP scripts to make your Web site work
- Create a MySQL database that visitors can access
- Summarize and sort data results
- Design and implement user access control
- Build a shopping cart application
- Create extensions that make your site more useful
With PHP & MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies by your side, you’ll be a Web site guru before you know it!