Planning, Negotiating, Implementing, and Managing Wide Area Networks: A Practical Guide
Publication date: September 2009
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)
Luiz Augusto de Carvalho - WANOPT Wide area network Specialist
Benjamin Naude - Magna international
"Telecommunications is usually responsible for a large percentage of the IT infrastructure costs, usually only surpassed by personnel. Therefore identifying savings, even small in terms of percentage in a large corporate network may mean hundreds of thousands of dollars per month."
"The techniques described in this book already helped and continuous helping hundreds of organizations to save millions of dollars with their telecommunications infra-structures."
- Presents the concepts of the WAN design algorithms
- Provides practical examples of algorithms and demonstrates how to deploy them
- Discusses cases where the techniques described were deployed with favorable results
- Discusses negotiating and managerial strategies
- Presents a practical guide about how to implement and manage a large WAN