THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO SELECTING, OPERATING, AND MAINTAINING POWER PLANT EQUIPMENT
Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide provides detailed coverage of different types of power plants such as modern co-generation, combined-cycle, and integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) plants. The book describes the design, selection, operation, maintenance, and economics of all these power plants. The best available power enhancement options are discussed, including duct burners, evaporative cooling, inlet-air chilling, absorption chilling, steam and water injection, and peak firing.
This in-depth resource addresses the sizing, selection, calculations, operation, diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and refurbishment of all power plant equipment, including steam turbines, steam generators, boilers, condensers, heat exchangers, gas turbines, compressors, pumps, advanced sealing mechanisms, magnetic bearings, and advanced generators.
- Methods for enhancing the reliability and maintainability of all power plants
- Economic analysis of modern co-generation and combined-cycle plants
- Selection of the best emission-reduction method for power plants
- Preventive and predictive maintenance required for power plants
- Gas turbine applications in power plants, protective systems, and tests