Expand your animation toolkit with foundational animation techniques, software expertise, professional best-practices, proven and time-tested work flows. Roland Hess, a leading Blender artist and instructor, expertly navigates you through Blender's character animation systems and controls, with a focus on each of the classical principles of animation like timing, anticipation, appeal, staging, exaggeration, squash and stretch and much more. Unique from other software titles, the Tradigital series offers a specific tool-set of practical instruction and foundational knowledge that all great animators will need to know. Expand your digital workflow to include the practical resources with the robust companion web site that include demonstrations, project files, links to further resources, available at www.tradigitalblender.com.
- TRUSTED: The author's previous works are considered the definitive documentation for Blender.
- The "Tradigital" promise of offering specific tool-set instruction and connecting it with the classical principles of animation that all great animators need to know.
- FREE: Blender's free, open source license makes it ideal for complete beginners who want to try 3D with little investment, as well as for animation studios that want to increase their capabilities.
- Blender's animation system is "deep" - small package with a bewildering number of features. The vast number of options and settings are bewildering and difficult to remember. Roland uses best-practices proven, tested techniques while incorporating principles of animation.
- Companion web site offers: 40 videos that show principles- before and after using the technique described, all project files, links to further Blender resources, downloads, forums.