Practical Skills and Clinical Management of Alcoholism & Drug Addiction
Publication date: August 2012
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
This insightful book is a synoptic presentation of Causes and Treatment of Alcoholism and Drug Addiction. It gives an insight into Alcoholism and Drug Addiction genetic and/or acquired etiologies through researched studies that draw the conclusion that Addiction is a disease/ medical condition. It features the treatment from detox followed by psychotherapy with evidence based practices and supported by Aftercare programs to maintain sobriety and recovery.
This book includes:
- An insight into Alcoholism and Drug Addiction
- Psychotherapy with evidence based practices
- Aftercare programs .
- Classification and effects of psychoactive drugs
- Drug screening procedures
- Motivational Interviewing
- Causes and Treatment of Alcoholism and Drug Addiction
- Life and clinical experiences
- Culture and Drug Addiction
- Levels of Care in Structured Programs