When you serve as a school administrator for twenty-eight years, you learn a few things.
Carol Judd found out that when she supported, acknowledged, and provided feedback to staff members, they excelled. And she also discovered that establishing a work environment that is productive, caring, and fun leads to better performance by staff and students alike.
In an effort to help other administrators aid students and staff, she wrote this book, in which she shares:
Whether you are trying to inspire others, improve morale among your staff, or reach underperforming students, the stories and techniques in this book will help you achieve your goals. Take steps to ensure that your school and your staff succeed with Principal Practices: Addressing Human Needs for Successful School Administration.
- How addressing human needs raises student and staff performance;
- Ways to develop an explicit social skills program;
- Tools to develop a caring culture;
- Tips on connecting with parents;
- How to facilitate productive staff meetings;
- And much more!