Comprehensive coverage on Business Connectivity Services within SharePoint 2010
As Microsoft’s new multipurpose portal technology, Business Connectivity Services (BCS) is a brand new way for SharePoint users to seamlessly access and integrate data from any application or databases within SharePoint 2010. With this in-depth guide, a team of SharePoint experts walks you through the features of the new BCS, including the ability for users to view and modify the data from SharePoint 2010 with BCS. You’ll explore how to use BCS, deploy solutions, create external content types and lists, create .NET host connectors, and more.
- Business Connectivity Services (BCS) allows you to seamlessly access and integrate data from any application or databases within SharePoint 2010
- Demonstrates how to create BCS solutions with the SharePoint Designer in SharePoint 2010 and Office
- Provides a clear overview of the BCS API
- Addresses creating external content types and lists
- Explains how to develop search-based solutions with BCS
Professional Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2010 provides you with thorough coverage on this new multipurpose portal technology.