Professional Mobile Web Development with WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal
Publication date: March 2011
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
How to develop powerful mobile Web sites using popular content management systems (CMS)
Mobile is the hottest thing going—and developing content for mobile devices and browsers is even hotter than that. This book is your guide to it all—how to design, build, and deploy sites, blogs and services that will work brilliantly for mobile users. You’ll learn about the state-of-the-art of mobile web development, the tools available to use, and the best practices for creating compelling mobile user interfaces. Then, using the most popular content management systems, WordPress, Joomla!, and Drupal, you’ll learn how to building world-class mobile web sites from existing platforms and content.. The book walks you through each platform, including how to use third-party plug-ins and themes, explains the strategies for writing your own logic, how to switch between mobile and desktop, and much more.
- Provides a technical review of the mobile landscape and acquaints you with a range of mobile devices and networks
- Covers topics common to all platforms, including site topologies, switching between mobile and desktop, common user interface patterns, and more
- Walks you through each content management platform—WordPress, Joomla!, and Drupal—first focusing on standard plug-ins and themes and then exploring advanced techniques for writing your own themes or logic
- Explains the best practices for testing, deploying, and integrating a mobile web site
- Also explores analytics, m-commerce, and SEO techniques for mobile
Get ahead of the the mobile web development curve with this professional and in-depth reference guide!