Dig into LINQ -- and transform the way you work with data.
With LINQ, you can query data from a variety of sources -- including databases, objects, and XML files -- directly from Microsoft Visual Basic® or C#. Guided by data-access experts who've worked in depth with LINQ and the Microsoft development teams, you'll learn how .NET Framework 4 implements LINQ, and how to exploit it. Clear examples show you how to deliver your own data-access solutions faster and with leaner code.
Discover how to:
- Use LINQ to query databases, object collections, arrays, XML, Microsoft Excel® files, and other sources
- Apply LINQ best practices to build data-enabled .NET applications and services
- Manipulate data in a relational database with ADO.NET Entity Framework or LINQ to SQL
- Read, write, and manage XML content more efficiently with LINQ to XML
- Extend LINQ to support additional data sources by creating custom operators and providers
- Examine other implementations, such as LINQ to SharePoint®
- Use LINQ within the data, business, and service layers of a distributed application
- Get code samples on the Web