Prototyping Augmented Reality
Publication date: September 2011
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
Learn to create augmented reality apps using Processing open-source programming language
Augmented reality (AR) is used all over, and you may not even realize it. Smartphones overlay data onto live camera views to show homes for sale, restaurants, or historical sites. American football broadcasts use AR to show the invisible first-down line on the field to TV viewers. Nike and Budweiser, among others, have used AR in ads. Now, you can learn to create AR prototypes using 3D data, Processing open-source programming language, and other languages. This unique book is an easy-to-follow guide on how to do it.
- Guides you through the emerging technology of Augmented Reality (AR)
- Shows you how to use 3D data with the Processing programming environment and other languages to create AR prototypes for the web, smartphones, Macs, and PCs
- Helps 3D artists and designers who want to move into the AR market but don't have programming skills
- Covers the essentials of 3D programming, creating objects for an AR library, building and exporting 3D models, and much more
- Explains how to interactively link 3D to physical, virtual, and streaming environments
Author Tony Mullen is both an artist and a programmer and perfectly suited to explain how to bridge these two worlds, as he so deftly does in Prototyping with Augmented Reality.